[Year 12 IPM] VELS Reporting

Michael Warden warden.michael.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 7 22:23:16 EST 2006

Hi,

Anyone interested to know - the algorithm to satisfy the VELS Rating grades
is massive - the If and CASE statements took 1100+ characters. The challenge
was to enable one set of Grades for the 1st half year and another set of
grades for the end of year.

I created a template in Filemaker Pro that satisfies almost all of the
mandated criteria - the hard part is still understanding the xml export
protocol to enable the results to be imported into Cases21.

What surprises me for a "Secondary report" is the lack of subject specific
information - no course information and no individual grades for specific
tasks so if you try to fit all of the mandated information, there is no room
for any course details/assessment grades - is this what people call -
"dumbing down" reports?

Michael
MGSC

Important -
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education & Training..