[Year 12 IPM] Integrating IT across the curriculum under VELS

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 27 18:07:12 EST 2005

Meadows, Roslyn M wrote:

> Well it is happening - quote from our principal -
>
>         "under VELs it would be anticipated that IT would be
>         integrated into the curriculum."
>
> HELP me - I am drowning!

I am fascinated how many people have missread the new standards. Paula
has given some spendid presenations at the ICTEV conference and VITTA
workshops. I am growing weary of explaining to others that that
*integrated *does not equal *interdisciplinary*. Even a google search
will show that the VCAA have been using the latter term.

    *Integrated:    * to make part of a larger unit. :-(
*    Interdisciplinary*:     characterized by participation of two or
more fields of study. :-)

I will send you dirctly some more detailed notes.