[Year 12 IPM] Learning Neighbourhoods

Rattan, Kushum L rattan.kushum.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Sep 14 12:22:45 EST 2005

Dear Robyn
Great minds think alike!! My school is thinking along the same lines. Revamping the classrooms to turn them into learning neighbourhoods of 175 to 200 students, teams of teachers, lots of tecnology and integrated curriculum. Reasons given are that if we continue do what we are doing now our outcomes will not improve and therefore we need to change. Some of our senior staff have visited schools in Adealeide that operate in this manner and were very impressed with student engagement etc. At least our year 7's and eights will go that path in the near future. I am hesitant to voluteer to teach in these cluters. Not sure how it will work. Interesting.

Kushum Rattan
Information Technology Co-ordinator
Gisborne Secondary College
rattan.kushum.l at edumail.vic.gov.au