[Year 12 IPM] ICT Careers Night Seminar

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 8 16:53:05 EST 2005

Looks like this will be an interesting night worth supporting to blow
away some of the myths that are causing a downturn in ICT enrollments.
This is hitting industry hard through a shortage of skilled ICT staff.
VITTA have posted some details on their website.

http://www.vitta.org.au/calendar/?day=14&month=09&year=2005&event=293
<http://www.vitta.org.au/calendar/?day=14&month=09&year=2005&event=293>

Regards Roland

> Henry Wiebell writes:
>
> It's a Multimedia Vic sponsored state-wide meeting, not a Box Hill
> function.
> The night is aimed at attacking 3 main myths:
>
>    1. ICT is for propeller heads
>    2. ICT is for blokes
>    3. ICT is in decline.
>

> Henry Wiebell
>
> Box Hill Instutute
>
> (International + 61 418 505 325)

> Jose Straube writes:
>

> Hello everyone,
>

> Box Hill Institute is putting together a seminar focusing on ICT
> opportunities in Industry (see attached invitation). I think this is a
> great opportunity for teachers, students and parents (as well as
> Careers Officers) to check the current trends in the IT market and
> decide how to prepare for the future job opportunities. The event will
> be on Wednesday 14^th of September, starting at 5:30 pm with an
> informal get together with several Industry experts and display of ICT
> technology. And at 6:30 pm Industry speakers will present their view
> and expectations for the future of ICT in Australia.
>

> Everyone is invited.
>

> *J. Straube*
>
> CCNP Coordinator
>
> Centre for Computer Technology
>
> Box Hill Institute SCATC
>
> Telephone : (+61) 3 9286-9803
>
> Mobile: 0412 198750
>
> Mobile: 0402 358280 (international +61 402 358280)
>
> Email: j.straube at bhtafe.edu.au <mailto:j.straube at bhtafe.edu.au>

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au