[Year 12 IPM] OT - How big is your internet bill?

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 23 10:51:31 EST 2005

Netspace DO offer individual student emails but I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole (just like, as a school I don't think it is
our "business" to deliver mail to them, or to sell them products .... etc etc )
The annual sub is $ 595.

I actually think that I am being ripped off because Vic Govt makes us go through VicOne and pay exorbitant premiums on what would
other wise be a much cheaper commercial ISP supply (just look at the prices of private individual contracts !!!!).  They do this to
cross subsidise the VicGove IT infrastructure agreement in the pocket of Telstra.

I think a lot of people are being ripped off even worse than I !!
Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617

Be thankful for problems or idiots would have your job. - Author unknown

  _____