[Year 12 IPM] OT Electronic White Boards

Michael Walker wk at cgsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 21 15:49:15 EST 2005

>>> Mark Scott<msc at staff.luther.vic.edu.au> 11/21/05 02:40pm >>>
>Once again, a teaching tool with little real impact on student learning.

>But they do look good.

I used one on one of my teaching rounds in conjunction with a projector. It was great in that I could quickly bring up the virtual pegboard found at matti.usu.edu.au, quickly show the students how to use it using my finger as the mouse and then set them going to produce their own tessellations. I suppose in one sense it was just electronic chalk and talk, but it meant I could quickly illustrate how to use the tool so they could then learn the work in a more hands on fashion. It was probably the most productive class I had with them...

Of course, balanced against this is the cost. And the fact that the equipment didn't appear to get highly used.