[Year 12 IPM] Exam Post Mortem now online

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 13 11:34:18 EST 2005

Thank you Roland for your dose of reality.
This begs the question "Why do this at all?" (i.e. assess).
The answer of course is that we must assess, but what we can decide is
WHERE to place OUR priorities.
At the end of the day we must be able to look in the mirror and say with
total honesty "Today I made a difference for my students that matters."
The question then morphs to "WHAT matters?"
And now we are really mining into the good stuff, the worthwhile stuff,
the stuff that it is important to think about, to crystal ball about,
and to think widely and long-range about.
I am never satisfied that I have found the right answer, but to be
eternally on the trail towards it is good enough for me.
To watch the light in their eyes flash with understanding or excitement
is the canary-in-the-cage that says "We are on the right track, here.".
And so we stumble on, but with hope and a smile, sharing in their
growth.
Ciao to all, Keith