[Year 12 IPM] Exam Post Mortem now online

Mike Brookes mikeb at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Nov 11 21:53:48 EST 2005

G'Day Mark et Al

I gave up expecting things from students several decades ago. Some of
mine couldn't pronounce Alloy let alone know what it is (OK claws
retracted now ;-p)

I would hope that better students might know that there is a metal layer
  that is normally shiny + reflects the laser. That when it cops a high
energy burst of laser it melts and recrystallises into a form that
scatters the laser and that to erase the data you use a medium power
burst of laser that turns it back to the shiny form.

There might even be enough space to write that on the exam if you don't
write too big :-)

The detail I gave was in response to an invitation to carp so I figured
that if I was going to carp I might as well do it to excess.

Mike Brookes
Chief cook and bottlewasher etc