[Year 12 IPM] Multichoice Q5

Emma Coughlan aunty_em21 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 15:15:42 EST 2005

Afternooon everyone,

Yes I agree with the question 5 issue - I also thought
it was about the conventions -

Overall I was happy with the exam - the multi choice
was a little easier than I was thinking - and most of
my students actually enjoyed the exam!

Regards,

Emma Coughlan
St Helena Secondary College
Eltham North

--- "Thomas, Caroline M"
<thomas.caroline.m at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> Yes, question five seems to be the horror question
> from hell.
> My interpretation of it is - was it the copyright
> details, the charges or the GST charges comprised
> the example of the convention??????  It seems to me
> that there are three examples listed.
> May be I am the one on the wrong tram.
>
> Regards
>
> Caroline Thomas
>
> Baimbridge College, Hamilton
> 85 Stephen Street
> HAMILTON  VIC 3300
> Ph 03 5572 2788
> Fax 03 5572 5811

> I guess it's safe to talk now.
>
> Has anyone else noticed something odd about
> multichoice Q5...
>
> Question 5
>
> Crazy Cartoons applies for and receives copyright
> for all cartoons
> created by its artists. On their invoice to a
> client, Crazy Cartoons
> lists the copyright details and charges and the GST
> charges related to
> the copyright. This is an example of which type of
> convention?
>
> A. preset
> B. optional
> C. preferred
> D. mandatory
>

> I mean - what the...?
>
> If I understand copyright law in Australia, one does
> NOT apply for
> copyright and have it granted (as one does for Trade
> Marks and patents).
>   Copyright is *automatically* held by the creator
> of intellectual property.
>
> So what's this about a company applying for and
> receiving copyright??
>
> Secondly, what on earth does the rest of it mean?
> I'm truly baffled.
>
> Does Crazy Cartoons create cartoons and sell them to
> clients?  If so,
> what's the stuff about copyright details on the
> invoice for?  What
> 'copyright details'??  And what are the 'GST charges
> related to the
> copyright'???
>
> OR does Crazy Cartoons earn its money by getting
> copyright for its
> clients' cartoons?  (Which is impossible anyway)
>
> Is this question completely insane or am I missing
> something obvious?
>
> --
> Mark Kelly
> Manager - Information Systems
> McKinnon Secondary College
> McKinnon Rd McKinnon 3204, Victoria Australia
> Phone +613 95780844  Fax +613 95789253
> http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
> IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com

> and Assessment Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian
>

> Important -
> This email and any attachments may be confidential.
> If received in error, please contact us and delete
> all copies. Before opening or using attachments
> check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of
> any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by
> the negligence of the sender or not, resulting
> [...]

Enjoy your day as you never know whats around the corrner