[Year 12 IPM] Microsoft Office Licencing Query

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 4 11:14:59 EST 2005

G'day Tim, I am also very impressed with OpenOffice 2, especially the
support for the new Open Document standards. The .DBF database packs a
solid punch with an interface very much like MS Access.
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/01/25/1758245

Next year, we have every intention of using this in our ICT classes,
encouraging students to install and use this at home. With some minor
mods, I should even be able to recycle most of my old notes. Cooh heh?  :-)

Regards Roland

Tim Kitchen wrote:

>We have been using Star Office /Open Office for about 5 years as our
>main application software at Strathcona. Combining this with a Linux OS
>has saved lots. Open source is an answer to many a prayer.
>
>Tim Kitchen

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au