[Year 12 IPM] Re:intranets

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Apr 29 07:23:04 EST 2005

Cripes, Novell long moved beyond that Portal system. I just use the ftp and
web based publishing feature for publishing student digital portfolios. Just
running my VCE IT students though this for their FrontPage skilling.

Give some serious thought to using the Moodle Extranet system
http://www.moodle.org to authenticate students and provide a suite of online
services. Donald at Vermont has even used it for an Alumni system, another
school has used it for a second hand bookshop. It is very well supported and
best of all, free! I have published a collection of notes, handouts, slides,
guides at this location
     http://dewey.westallsc.vic.edu.au/help/moodle/moodle.htm

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au