[Year 12 IPM] Google search inside books

Philip Brown BROWN-PH at oxley.vic.edu.au
Thu Apr 28 13:45:00 EST 2005

Something of interest from http://downes.ca

You can now search Google Books, and the masters behind the search
engine have done it right. Pointing to this resource, Aaron Swartz
offers a sample search. Clicking on the search brought me (surprisingly)
a useful result, this Perl text from O'Reilly, Perl Template Toolkit.
Expecting only to find a title and a plug to purchase the book (that is,
useless results) I found myself looking at a full page and three more
pages in either direction - usually more than enough to give me the
information I need. The book, I might add, is a work that has never ever
graced a bookstore here in Moncton (and probably never will, given
Chapters's new policy of not stocking books). By Various Authors, April
26, 2005

P. Brown
Oxley College
9727 9917