[Year 12 IPM] photo conversion question

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Apr 28 09:20:47 EST 2005

Yes, there are ways to covert bmps to jpgs in bulk rather than
individually

on a linux box just type

for photo in *.bmp; do \
  convert "$photo" "$(basename $photo .bmp).jpg" \
done

or on windows or macos you could use photoshop, and make a droplet
(record an action to automate the convert process)

GIMP can probably do it too.

there are also probably shareware programs out there that will do batch
conversions.

Try any of these...
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/imageconversion/
http://www.artzend.com/Graphics%20Programs.htm

( I just googled for batch convert .bmp to .jpg)