[Year 12 IPM] International Journal on IP&M

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Tue Apr 26 16:10:17 EST 2005

Hi all,

I just stumbled across this international journal on information
processing and management.  There's a previous issue available entirely
online, and it seems possible to access the rest if you subscribe.

This article in particular struck me as interesting...

A personalized collaborative Digital Library environment: a model and an
application by M. Elena Renda and Umberto Straccia from Pisa, Italy

The URL and abstract follow.

cheers
Donna

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ipm.2004.04.007

Abstract
The Web, and consequently the information contained in it, is growing
rapidly. Every day a huge amount of newly created information is
electronically published in Digital Libraries, whose aim is to satisfy
users' information needs.

In this paper, we envisage a Digital Library not only as an information
resource where users may submit queries to satisfy their daily
information need, but also as a collaborative working and meeting space
of people sharing common interests. Indeed, we will present a
personalized collaborative Digital Library environment, where users may
organize the information space according to their own subjective view,
may build communities, may become aware of each other, may exchange
information and knowledge with other users, and may get recommendations
based on preference patterns of users.

Author Keywords: Digital Library; Collaboration; Personalization

--
donna benjamin
VITTA web development team