[Year 12 IPM] Laptop program

Robyn Dunn robyn at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Fri Apr 22 15:28:06 EST 2005

Government Schools generally don't have laptop programs. sorry.

Ms Robyn Dunn
LT Co-Ordinator
Camberwell High School
email: du at camhigh.vic.edu.au
phone: 98360555
fax: 98360194

>>> lisimms<lisimms at copticvic.org> 04/22/05 03:14pm >>>
Hello everyone,

A bit of a plea for help...

At the moment, our school director manages to keep our 1.5 computer labs
running. The idea being pushed for next year is to introduce a laptop
program for the "A" year 7 class but not the "B" year 7 class.

I am firstly opposing the idea of one class only. I'm secondly concerned
as to how the school (and the teachers) would handle this. The idea is
to get a full time technician for next year (which would be essential
I'm sure!!) but I'm still just not sure about how this would work. At
present the network is functional but has some problems, there is no
intranet and there would need to be substantial networking done and new
hardware in order for this to work.

I am just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice, or perhaps if I
could come and see how this works at a more technologically advanced
school? Although I only know little about networks, it seems that it is
my task to pursue this... As a first year out teacher, I would
appreciate any assistance!

Thanks for your time,

Lisa Imms
St Mary's Coptic Orthodox College