[Year 12 IPM] Request for Intranet Suggestions

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Apr 14 00:10:45 EST 2005

We use a combination of a couple of things
- Dewey: a FrontPage driven hidden Internet that coordinators can access.
- Moodle: an authenticated Extranet that teachers manage for class.
- Novell: a shared Intranet network drive for public, common resources.

Dewey is just glossy advertising but I am a co-conspirator, Moodle is a
happy friendly classroom where we do all the usual online magic, and the
shared drive is like a noteboard, gets messy, you miss stuff and starts to
look like the deritus trapped behind the lockers. I now insist that it is
limited to photographs, clip art, free sound clips and music. I am now
experimenting with student authored e-portfolios using Novell Internet
publishing. Never quite caught on for staff but has potential. Happy to
provide accessible links to anybody that drops me a direct line.

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au