[Health and HD] determinants

Bree HARRIS bharris at salecollege.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 4 11:20:47 EST 2010

Hi Everyone

Just wondering about the determinants stated in the design: social,
behavioural and biological.

A lot of the texts also mention environmental: housing, climate, access to
services etc.

Its pretty hard to avoid talking about this with students and I would
expect to cover it, however the design doesnt mention it.

Aspects of social environment will obvioulsy come under social, but where
does physical environment fit in?

This is where I struggle with HHD sometimes, some questions would call on
students to talk about for example an individuals physical environment and
they would probably get the marks, however its not mentioned in the
design?

Confused
Bree