[General Maths] Director of Mathematics
Kendall, Rodney A
kendall.rodney.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 6 23:05:23 EST 2012
Please excuse the cross-post
Dear Math Gurus
Hoppers Crossing Secondary College is offering a great position to the RIGHT person.
We are seeking a Director of Mathematics who will coach our staff in the best implementation of Mathematics practices - with a time allowance equal to half a teaching load!
Our College has a philosophy of improving teaching and learning through coaching.
We are a 1:1 netbook school (Yr 7-12) and every classroom has a data projector.
Below is the position description - see recruitment online - position number 799883
Please see www.hopcross.vic.edu.au<http://www.hopcross.vic.edu.au>
Contact Mr Keith Halge - 9974 7777 should you have any questions.
Director of Mathematics
Leading Teacher (16 x 71 minute period time allowance)
* To support all staff across the College implement the GANAG Common Instructional Model.
* To lead and manage a Performance & Development (P&D) team via individual staff P&D plans, and case manage the Professional Development requirements for staff in the P&D team and liaise with the relevant Assistant Principal in regards to these requirements.
* To work with the relevant Assistant Principal in establishing a team approach to all aspects of the Year 7 - 12 Mathematics Curriculum
* To work in collaboration with the college Leadership Team in the implementation of Professional Learning Teams (PLT's) across the college.
* Help teachers to effectively analyse student data and use it to plan their teaching within their PLT's.
* Undertake regular Professional Learning Walks in order to observe and monitor teacher delivery of the Mathematics Curriculum across Year 7 - 12.
* Work with the mathematics teachers to develop and implement lesson plans based on the 9 recommended teaching strategies outlined by Marzano.
* Develop and maintain a professional coaching relationship with all members of the Mathematics KLA.
* Provide a visible and active responsibility towards the organization and delivery of professional development to improve teacher capacity and delivery of the mathematics curriculum at all levels across the college.
* Model teaching approaches to enhance teachers repertoire of effective teaching practices that will motivate students in their learning.
* To develop policy and protocols in relation to the operation of the Mathematics Resource Centre.
* Review the Mathematics curriculum and make recommendations on how the program might be enhanced (i.e. Inquiry Based Learning, Problem Based Learning)
* Actively seek information on a variety of pedagogical approaches and provide the mathematics staff with professional development opportunities that will encourage use of these approaches in the classroom. (i.e. Marzano - 'Classroom Instruction that Works')
* Act as the Chairperson for all Mathematics KLA meetings and ensure that agendas and minutes of meetings are published.
* Lead the Mathematics KLA in curriculum planning and development focussing on the implementation of problem based learning activities for the students.
* Maintain a file of courses of study for all elements of the Year 7 - 12 Mathematics program.
* To work in partnership with the Literacy Teaching Team and the Numeracy Teaching Team, in a 'whole school' approach to literacy and numeracy across all KLA's.
* Represent the Mathematics KLA at the college Curriculum Committee.
* Manage and Maintain the Mathematics KLA budget
* Research curriculum programs at other educational settings and prepare proposals for consideration at relevant college committees.
* Attend and participate in Leading Teacher meetings
* Represent the school at community events as requested
* To act as a Leading Teacher Team Leader for the management of mathematics staff Annual Performance Plans
* Perform other duties as determined by the principal
Hoppers Crossing Secondary College
Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the generalmaths