[elearning] eSmarts for new students

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 15:40:28 EST 2013

This is a great 3 min video with a very positive story and subtle anti-cyberbullying message.  Worth sharing with our senior students at some point to kick of a discussion about eSmart. I'll toss a copy into the Edmodo FlipClass group for other staff to look at.

     https://www.evernote.com/shard/s31/sh/8e526152-c161-4f1c-bd80-9aaf4021cc2a/c3010eec2f1e432556f5577c6f6dbec4

This 3 min video is by a NSW Catholic Education group .. starts rather dark but has a nice positive spin at the end.

     https://www.evernote.com/shard/s31/sh/a932d0a2-aae8-48bd-8a54-0daa0d6b4a1c/ce68dedd6b46faeebd9cf863136a7156

I road tested both with my VCE IT class who gave it the thumbs up. We liked that both videos give some clues about what bystanders should do when confronted by a bullying victim. I would be interested in your thoughts about its suitability.

My thoughts is that we prepare a short eSmart induction course / workshop for new students (transfers and international students) based around these resources. Interested if anybody has already done this and would like to swap notes.

Regards Roland

Roland Gesthuizen | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College
Acacia Campus | T +61 3 9798 1877