[elearning] Feb29.net

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 11:08:37 EST 2012

Ultranet comes with a blogging tool but you don't have to wait to get
online there to start experimenting with blogging for educators. A website
called *Feb29.net* has been set up to promote blogging and collect a
historical snapshot of people thinking around the world on this leap day.
It only runs for today and you can make your take a baby step to record
your first impression upon the web.

 http://feb29th.net/

 *What is Feb29.net?
"The aim of this project is simple – Stripped down blogging to its simplest
form to record one special day in time across the globe. As soon as the
first country’s time zone enters Feb29th.net this blog will be open to
posts. It’s simple, by filling out the form below, you will be creating a
blog post on this blog."*

   -

Here is a GoogleDoc with ideas submitted by teachers from around the world
that list some classroom ideas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YhpWTr4WuE42MaY1Wi8Evc28wBUc4x5iEPdpKFN8zJk/edit?pli=1

 Of course we still need to get our head around how we can do this on the
Ultranet so if you are curious, check out the online activities listed in
the interactive teacher guide that is jam packed with handouts,
screencasts, how-to guides and lesson ideas.

      https://ultranet.vic.edu.au/portal/web/support/teachers1

 Regards Roland

 *Roland Gesthuizen* | eLearning Leader
*Keysborough College