[elearning] Strategies for dealing with communications overload?

Victor Rajewski victor.rajewski at jmss.vic.edu.au
Sun Aug 26 12:58:12 EST 2012

Hi Folks,

I've been noticing over the past few years that many emails between
students, teachers and parents aren't being read or acted on. I'm thinking
that we are moving into an era of communications overload. Given electronic
communication is now deeply entrenched in our schools (many schools now
having a 1:1 program in place, and plenty of students now carry smart
phones with unfiltered Internet), how are others dealing with this? While
it is tempting to consider just school communications, I think that this
needs to discuss personal communications habits as well.

Any pointers to resources on this would also be useful.

Cheers,

Victor Rajewski
eServices Manager
John Monash Science School