[elearning] Interesting article - Net making us stupid

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Sep 10 09:01:58 EST 2010

"Clay Shirky".  Now that's a *great* name!

On 10 September 2010 08:39, Christophersen, Paula P <
christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> To add to that there was an excellent article in the Australian in June
> (Weekend Australian, June 12-13, Inquirer, page 7, titled 'Digital
> doesn't mean dumb')  that compared the viewpoints of Nicholas Carr and
> Clay Shirky (Cognitive Surplus: creativity and generosity in a connected
> age). In contrast to Carr, Shirky believes that the Internet brings with
> it increased freedom to create information. While much of it is
> 'throwaway material', this experimentation will result in 'good new
> stuff'.
>
> Regards
> Paula

Information Systems Manager; Reporting Manager
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
VCE IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

Korma: the philosophy that what you get out of a curry depends on what you
put into it.