[elearning] The detritus of Web2.0

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Oct 19 11:30:22 EST 2010

I think this site is a ripper example of the information detritus of Web2.0.

http://ultranetcoaches.globalteacher.org.au/

Much like the posters that continue to adorn common rooms about the next sausage sizzle well after the fact, the habit of not putting expiry dates on materials or removing out of date articles can leave even the best LMS or CMS compromised.
A key factor in information transmission is timeliness and relevance. I wonder if anyone else can see the Ultranet clogging up with irrelevant and out of date messages and information?
So while we enthusiastically show people how to use the interface, it would be doing everyone a great service if the importance of expiry dates and removing out-dated information is given as much emphasis as the wonderful opportunities we have when we do share information.

Just a thought.
Cheers
Cameron