[elearning] Alice 3D programing program

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 31 08:38:27 EST 2009

Is this any relation to 'Alice Pascal'? see http://www.templetons.com/brad/alice.html
I can't see any reference to it in either site.

About half a lifetime ago while doing a Grad Dip Comp by distance education from Deakin I used Alice Pascal to help me with assignments. The 'fill in the blanks' sty;e of developing code was great for learning how to do it.

rgds
Jim

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Laptop Technician
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia
ph 9290 9374

>>> Phil Brown<pdbrown at gmail.com> 28/08/2009 1:49 PM >>>
Hi All,

I'm not going to cross post after this one - I'll just post to the elearning list.

Here's a great 3D programing program called Alice and it's a lot like scratch. This is how it is described on the web site: Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web. Alice is a teaching tool for introductory computing. It uses 3D graphics and a drag-and-drop interface to facilitate a more engaging, less frustrating first programming experience.

http://Alice.org

Phil Brown
WellingtonSC