[elearning] Photography darkrooms v Mac lab

Northey, Blaise J northey.blaise.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Aug 21 13:20:46 EST 2009

Hello all,

I am in the process of finalising purchases for next year and I have hit
a technological impasse with the art department.  I see their current
darkroom as being the ideal space to put in high-performing Macs.
Needless to say the art department still want to keep the darkroom as
the curriculum is set up for it.  I did some informal research and it
indicated that darkrooms are becoming more and more obsolete.

I am hoping that someone out there will have experienced the shift from
darkroom to digital and could enlighten me (pun not intended) of how
they went about convincing the teachers to take the leap.  I would also
be open to persuasion if someone has any compelling opinions as to if I
should keep a darkroom.  I have entertained making a much smaller room
as well as having a computer room.

Thanking you in advance,

Blaise Northey

IT Manager / eLearning and Pedagogy