[elearning] osticket for tracking ICT work in a school

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:09:10 EST 2009

Thought you might be intereseted in this. A couple of years ago I was
poking about for an online ticket system to support our technical
support staff. For a while we used a database I built with Moodle,
then we moved to a package called OTRS. We are now having some great
feedback and success using osticket for tracking repairs. Of all the
different ones we tried, this was the easiest to manage, had the best
uncluttered interface for downstream users with solid e-mail / web
integration. It is open source, web based, very scaleable for large or
small enterrpises and would easily run on any school network. We have
ours running on a small Debian VM custom built for this tool. Our
facilities manager is now using it to track some of the maintenance
tasks at our college campus sites.

     http://osticket.com

You can get the idea of what it looks like with the screenshots
floating about online.. if anybody is seriously keen to see how we use
this, I can organise an online demonstration and guest account. For
now you can read some of our user guidelines I have posted at:

     http://tr.im/vFJE

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead