[elearning] Staff ICT skills

Briant, Stephen L briant.stephen.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 24 10:31:49 EST 2008

Hi Phil

We have a system of eLearning mentors who have up to a 4 period time
allowance per week to mentor and train staff in all things ICT, we have
regular eLearning meetings where we discuss the future of ICT in the
school and the eLearning mentors document their time spent with staff in
both formal and informal settings.

Contact our ICT guru and Catalyst co-ordinator Jacquie Tinkler
tinkler.jacquie.j at edumail.vic.gov.au for the real low-down on this.

The mentors don't necessarily have IT quals but the idea is that they
know their way around a computer and other tech gear and can also
facilitate the use of pedagogy with ICT.

I will send you my eLearning log off this list if you like.

Steve

Ordinary Teacher & eLearning Mentor

Wangaratta High School