[elearning] mac vrs pc

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:29:23 EST 2008

Not really .. Macintosh computers can now be easily configured to dual boot
with Windows XP and Max OSX so your staff can easily pick and choose when
they start up the computer. I have even seen them configured at Monash Uni
to run any of Mac, Windows or Linux applications. Took me less than a min to
figure out the Mac keys and mouse, you can easily write this up on a crib
card and post nearby.  Most good opensource softwares (Firefox Inkscape Gimp
Scribus etc) will run independent of the software platform so you can easily
coinstall and configure. Once you have a machine correctly configured, it is
now easy to deploy the image to all the other Apple Mac computers. I would
encourage you to consider a 3 year lease with a next day repair option.
Robust hardware certainly worth considering.
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_boot

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au