[elearning] article: School teaches with Linux monopoly

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Tue Mar 21 14:22:47 EST 2006

Interesting article on a NSW school that's switched to open source.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=407925021&eid=-255

"Our reason for going to Linux was predominantly philosophical, then for
quality, and third was the cost - we wanted the best option. ... We're
interested in free as in freedom, not that you don't have to pay for
something."
 - Stuart Rushton, ICT manager at Lorien Novalis School, Glenhaven.

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/