[Design and Technology] advice on laser cutters

Laura Murphy pl at datta.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 31 23:07:15 UTC 2021

Hi everyone, Juley Karis has a question - Has anyone recently purchased an EMBLASER 2 [engraving laser diode machine] and or a MakeBlock LASERBOX Pro CO2 Laser Cutter & Engraver? We'd really appreciate some feed back on how is goes and what the support service is like in Victoria. We are struggling a bit with our current laser cutters  and are looking at alternatives. These are supplied through CD-Soft education resources based in WA. I'm hoping they are not too good to be true. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Juley Karis on jka at mornsc.vic.edu.au with any comments.

[cid:image002.png at 01D5FD4A.05B876C0]

Laura Murphy

Executive Education Officer

DATTA Vic

Abbotsford Convent

Room C1.22

Convent Building

1 St Heliers Street

Abbotsford VIC 3067

Phone: 03 9349 5809

Email: pl at datta.vic.edu.au<mailto:pl at datta.vic.edu.au>

Web: www.datta.vic.edu.au<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.datta.vic.edu.au%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cbrooks.christopher.c%40edumail.vic.gov.au%7Ca8f192e2f5fa4e68c03708d7b5bfd154%7Cd96cb3371a8744cfb69b3cec334a4c1f%7C0%7C0%7C637177707795027466&sdata=%2FSHY558TquTnHX0X6b%2BBwSec4dXA8jD0RVRyc35GJOQ%3D&reserved=0>

Note I am working from home Monday - Thursday.

I acknowledge the Wurundjeri Woi Wurung people of the Kulin Nation, the traditional custodians of the land on which I live and work.  I pay my respect to their Elders, both past and present.

DATTA Vic works with schools throughout the state, and we also pay respect to  Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the wider Victorian community and beyond. Indigenous sovereignty has never been ceded.