[Design and Technology] looking for good examples of 7-10 projects

Laura Murphy pl at datta.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 02:40:56 UTC 2021

Hi everyone, hope you are well. As you might know, DATTA Vic puts on virtual teach meets for our members regularly - we've run them in the past looking at sustainability, teaching online and Google resources.  We'd like the next one to focus on 7-10 Design & Technologies projects, and we're looking for any teachers who might like to share their activities. Ideally, we'd have 3 projects - one focussing on w/m/p, another on textiles and one on electronic principles and systems. We'll run the session from 4pm - 5.30pm via webex, and it'll be free for our members.  We'd love to have 3 presentations of approx 20 mins each, and then we'd have some time at the end for a chat.  I'm sure you're all very used to Webex after last year, but if you haven't used it, it's super easy!  You just join via the link I send, and then when you are ready, you can share your screen to show slides or images. I can have a practice run with you if that helps.

If you're interested, please get in touch with me at pl at datta.vic.edu.au. And if you have ideas for topics that you'd like to see discussed at future teach meets, please do send me them as well.

FYI we're just finalising the details of our term 2 teach meet, which will be virtual tours of three new Design & Technologies facilities - I'll share the details as soon as we have this ready to go.

Thanks, Laura

[cid:image002.png at 01D5FD4A.05B876C0]

Laura Murphy

Executive Education Officer

DATTA Vic

Abbotsford Convent

Room C1.22

Convent Building

1 St Heliers Street

Abbotsford VIC 3067

Phone: 03 9349 5809

Email: pl at datta.vic.edu.au<mailto:pl at datta.vic.edu.au>

Web: www.datta.vic.edu.au<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.datta.vic.edu.au%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cbrooks.christopher.c%40edumail.vic.gov.au%7Ca8f192e2f5fa4e68c03708d7b5bfd154%7Cd96cb3371a8744cfb69b3cec334a4c1f%7C0%7C0%7C637177707795027466&sdata=%2FSHY558TquTnHX0X6b%2BBwSec4dXA8jD0RVRyc35GJOQ%3D&reserved=0>

Note I am working from home Monday - Thursday.

I acknowledge the Wurundjeri Woi Wurung people of the Kulin Nation, the traditional custodians of the land on which I live and work.  I pay my respect to their Elders, both past and present.

DATTA Vic works with schools throughout the state, and we also pay respect to  Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the wider Victorian community and beyond. Indigenous sovereignty has never been ceded.