[Design and Technology] destech Digest, Vol 189, Issue 4

Maryann AUGUSTINUS MAUGUSTINUS at unihigh.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 21:29:13 UTC 2021

>    2. Update to Safe Use of Machinery Course requirements from
>       DATTA Vic (Laura Murphy)
>

> For more information on OH&S, visit the DET's Safety Guidelines<
> http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/management/Pages/technology.aspx>
> website.
>
> Thanks, Laura

The link also says that only qualified Technology teachers can undertake
the course which from my experience is a test to prove to the department
that you can use the machines safely.
Schools are sending unqualified teachers to the course and seem to be
allowed to? I had to give them a copy of my qualifications before I
undertook the course. The department does not seem to be policing this at
the moment, or the providers dont seem to be policing it. I am worried for
those who are unqualified and who are in the unfortunate situation of a
student having an accident.
Has DATTA approached the department about this?

Regards Maryann Augustinus UHS