[Design and Technology] teacher forums

Paul Gorman vizartoz at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 3 05:44:16 UTC 2020

Thanks Laura,
I have just signed up for the D&T facebook Group page.
With regards,
Paul GormanProduct Design TeacherSt Monica's College, Epping

Paul Gorman vizartoz at yahoo.com.au
0427 693 445

    On Thursday, 3 September 2020, 12:50:25 pm AEST, Laura Murphy <pl at datta.vic.edu.au> wrote:

  #yiv3512323607 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}Hi everyone, hope you are all well. We've had many emails over the last few weeks from teachers who are having problems with the edulists forums. I think as the bulk of the lists are no longer supported by the VCAA, they are not being moderated, and they will eventually stop working. We know it's really important for teachers to have a space to ask questions and share ideas, so we are trying to look at alternative forums. If you know of any other online communities that work well - perhaps a colleague from your school is involved in one for their subject area - please let me know and I'll look into it.
In the meantime, there are fantastic networking groups on Facebook that have been set up by practising teachers, so I'd encourage you to use them - they are proving to be really successful communities of practice.
Textiles - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2091765174218560Design & Tech - https://www.facebook.com/groups/336659794194599Systemshttps://www.facebook.com/groups/398943851075321
There's also a DATTA Vic Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/570551930347080
By all means continue to use the Edulist forums for now but be aware that they are not working as well as they should, and are unlikely to be around in the longer term.
Laura
Laura

Laura Murphy

Executive Education Officer

DATTA Vic

Abbotsford Convent

Room C1.22

Convent Building

1 St Heliers Street

Abbotsford VIC 3067

Phone: 03 9349 5809

Email: pl at datta.vic.edu.au

Web: www.datta.vic.edu.au

Note I am working from home Monday - Wednesday.

DATTA Vic - Design and Technology Teachers' Association of Victoria