[Design and Technology] Laser Cutter/Engraver

Rob Kayler-Thomson Rob.Kayler-Thomson at geelongcollege.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 16 03:27:10 UTC 2020

Hi Tim, we have a use a Trotec speedy 300 for all our Dept needs, they might be more expensive that other brands but we have had ours for about 5 years now and haven’t faulted it. We mainly use acrylic, wood products, fabric, cardboard and paper. Service once a year, and with regular cleaning it’s been great.  There were some great education packages around with them we got ours. We mainly use illustrator, solidworks, fusion 360 as platforms. I would buy another one of these, there are mostly likely others cheaper and do the same job, but I like the support from Trotec and the add on’s they have.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6A3C8.6E657D60]

Rob Kayler-Thomson
Teacher- Design and Creative Arts
Product Design & Technology