[Design and Technology] Return to school

Foster, David B foster.david.b at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 15 12:45:48 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I am just curious to find out what sort of processes have been put in place or are going to be put in place for  lessons in your Technology rooms. The department has provided money for a cleaner at state schools but it is only for the high use areas (well that's what I was told) like door handles, toilets and benches.

I am a little concerned that my tools won't be wiped down after a lesson or even at the end of the day. I run woodwork, metals and systems by myself not to mention VCAL classes. Our students are very active as a rule and I want to make sure they are safe and so am I.

I am also the OH&S rep at our school and I have a vested interest in making sure everybody is safe. I know there is no golden rule for dealing with this situation and solutions might sometimes work and on other occasions might not. As a designing community I feel we are in the best position to come up with some plans. So I would like to encourage a discussion on this matter.

Regards, David Foster

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.