[Design and Technology] VASS Dates

Aeschlimann, Heather J Aeschlimann.Heather.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Apr 20 02:03:19 UTC 2020

Hi, this is what I got from school

Please find below a concise summary the most pertinent information communicated to us.

  *   A new VCE exam schedule will be published in next few weeks; it's likely that more exams will be scheduled for each day and exams times will shortened
  *    End of Unit 3 is now 26 th June (This allows us an extra 2 weeks to deliver the content)
  *   Advice will be provided next week pertaining to which subjects are allowed to conduct SACs/SATs onsite
  *   New Study Designs for Unit 4 will be released on 25/4. They have been written and are currently being reviewed by VRQA for approval.
  *   Unit 3 SAC/SAT scores submission date now extended to Oct 12 (This leaves VSC sufficient time to validate formative assessment and firm up rankings)
  *   VCAA are taking registrations for Principal's advice webinars and then subject-specific webinars as of 17/4 (BAN/ TGR will forward the links for these as they become available)
  *   VCAA intend to establish communication channels for teachers for the provision of real-time advice
  *   VCAA reiterated that Minister of Education has stated that the entirety ofTerm 2 will be undertaken remotely; Term 3 will be reviewed at a later date

Heather Aeschlimann
Visual Art and Materials Technology Leader
Vermont Secondary College