[Design and Technology] Combined classes VCE Unit 1/2 & 3/4 together

Aeschlimann, Heather J Aeschlimann.Heather.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 18 04:32:40 UTC 2019

Hi David,

It is a tough situation.

If your Principal class is supportive you might be able to ask for some adjustments.

I made arrangements last year to have one class without the 11's and one class without the 12's. This meant 7 classes a cycle instead of 6 and the 11's had 5 classes a cycle not 6. 12's still had 6.

This counted as an extra for me.

The 12's were in a classroom - unsupervised until production started. (The classroom they were in was adjacent to an art class that was supervised with a glass wall in between)

My position was that the 12's could not do folio work in the woodwork room and the 11's could not do practice work unsupervised.

The time before that I had a combined class the 11's did a mock-up only of unit 1 work so both groups were essentially in a classroom until 12's started Prac work.

No easy work around.

Good luck

Heather Aeschlimann
Visual Art and Materials Technology Leader
Vermont Secondary College