[Design and Technology] Product Design and Technology Examination

Aldo MAROTTA AMAROTTA at unihigh.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 11 01:02:03 UTC 2019

Hi
What I found interesting was the mark allocations.
In section A: Question 2, Question 4a, Question 5, and Question 6. and in
Part B: Question 3, Question 5, Question 9and Question 10 were all worth 2
marks.
Yet they required the students to identify and then
explain/describe/outline the reasoning.
The ability to discriminate with one mark each (I am assuming) would be
difficult.
Yet there were  two mark questions that asked the students to explain only.
Question 7 asked the students to draw a 3D of the product. The uniform
would be interesting to see in 3D!
Finally a student can just draw a product that is already on the market.
The criteria for innovation is in question 6 and and worth two marks.
Hence in Part B question 7, a student can draw a product that is already on
the market and theoretically could not be marked down.
Just a few thoughts
Aldo