[Design and Technology] release date for PDT student work

Monique Dalli m.dalli at cccc.vic.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 04:44:40 UTC 2018

Hi Craig,

Benchtop ones or ones without stands can be cheaper, smaller ones still can use similar parts to larger models only have a reduced sheet size/bed size. To have a good vacuum former the pump and seals need to be in good knick - check these in the second hand ones you are looking at.

The advantages of larger models (other than the bigger sheet sizes that can be used) are varied heat settings with multiple heat panels, can be useful for different thicknesses of material and for work that doesn't have a large release angle, reduces webbing.

I would recommend the Formech machines and Plasquip supplier.

​

Hope this info helps!

Monique Dalli

Director of Professional Learning
[cid:imagece0331.JPG at 93cb0126.4db1ee6c]
Caroline Chisholm Catholic College
204 Churchill Avenue, Braybrook 3019

        :       03 9296 5311

f       :       03 9296 5381

        :       m.dalli at cccc.vic.edu.au<mailto:m.dalli at cccc.vic.edu.au>

        :       www.cccc.vic.edu.au<http://www.cccc.vic.edu.au>

follow us:
 [cid:image0c4804.PNG at 5d72ec3f.489b0039] <https://www.facebook.com/carolinechisholmcatholiccollege>  [cid:imagec9c0d1.PNG at ba50388d.46bf32af] <https://twitter.com/CCCC_Braybrook>  [cid:image963afd.PNG at 35676604.46887ad9] <https://www.instagram.com/carolinechisholmcatholiccoll/>  [cid:image666f2f.PNG at 4b342b18.4c980f3e] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGb1LBzP2W9L-jQgNbzjiig>
[cid:imagece0331.JPG at 93cb0126.4db1ee6c]