[Design and Technology] new date for SYS ENG Units 1 & 3 workshop

Jill Livett jill.livett at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 15 22:24:10 EST 2018

Hi Laura
We have a very skilled and enthusiastic teacher, Jay Critchley, who runs the Model Solar Vehicle (MSV) classes at Year 9 at Overnewton - our team won last year’s national comp. She would like to present more at conferences and I was going to suggest that she does a session at our May conference. We have had some great sessions on this the past run by Wayne Young (who Jay knows) so I’m wondering if she should look a incorporating science content into a technology STEM project using MSV as an example (Jay is a science teacher in background). Do you think our teachers would be interested? Another option is getting Jay and Wayne to co-present. I might have a chat with her to see what she thinks, too.
Cheers
Jill

Jill Livett
College Head of Technologies (Years 5-12)
Design and Technologies teacher