[Design and Technology] VCE product ideas (WMP)

Antony Benson a.benson at ccg.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 12 20:48:15 EST 2018

Thanks Peter…

Some really inspirational products there…

Regards

Antony

Antony Benson
Director of Teaching and Learning - Art, Technology, Design
Senior School - Waurn Ponds
(03)5241 1577

[Christian College Geelong]

[https://www.ccg.vic.edu.au/email/images/Enviro.jpg] Please consider the environment  before printing this email.
From: destech <destech-bounces at edulists.com.au> on behalf of Peter Murphy <plmurphy78 at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 12:22 pm
To: Design and Technology List <destech at edulists.com.au>
Subject: [Design and Technology] VCE product ideas (WMP)

Hi all,

VCE Product Design and Technology (WMP) is being taught by a new teacher at our school this year. I'm really impressed by the range of products the students are considering to solve personal, local or global problems. Thought some of you might find this interesting.

Ideas that students are looking at….

Coffee brewing equipment to discourage coffee pod use
Medication dispensing aid for people with arthritis
Prosthetics
Products to support elderly people living independently
Training equipment for callisthenics
Shopping carrier to support local grocery shopping without cars
Football boot stud cover to prevent wear and increase grip on hard surfaces (club rooms)
Domestic water saving products
Products to support people experiencing homelessness to find work/housing
Diabetes management products
Repurposing discarded bike frames/rims for café furniture
Product to keep pairs of shoes in shape and together in a business setting (dance school, bowling alley, climbing gym etc.)
Product to support development of agriculture/boost food security in developing nations
Bike storage
Oil spill containment
Sneaker display product

Peter Murphy
Head of Design Faculty
Northcote High School

This e-mail is intended for the use of the named individual or entity and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended recipient of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been received in error, then please notify Christian College or the author of this email immediately and destroy the original message. We have made every attempt to ensure this e-mail message is free from computer viruses however the attached files are provided on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for use of the material transmitted. Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not Christian College nor its associated companies and campuses which includes Eden Quality Services Pty Ltd.