[Design and Technology] Apps for CAD and 3D printing using iPads

Jill Livett jill.livett at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 7 12:54:02 AEST 2017

Hi all

Our school is looking to introduce 3D printing at Years 5-8 (in a minor way to start with) using iPads. I would like to use TinkerCad as it is pretty accessible for students of this age, but the software has changed from a stand alone app to on-line access. This requires students to sign up to the Tinkercad community and our school is reluctant to allow this (privacy and security concerns). Has this been a problem for any other school? I'd like to know if other schools have faced this concern from their IT department or admin. If so, how have you worked around this, or what alternatives have you used?

Thanks - any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jill??

OVERNEWTON ANGLICAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
T +61 3 9334 0000 W www.overnewton.vic.edu.au<http://www.overnewton.vic.edu.au>

KEILOR CAMPUS 2-50 Overnewton Road Keilor, Victoria, 3036 | F +61 3 9336 1835
TAYLORS LAKES CAMPUS 39 - 57 Robertsons Road Taylors Lakes, Victoria, 3038 | F +61 3 9390 5144

A dual campus, coeducational Prep to Year 12 school. Delivering consistently high academic results in Melbourne's North West for over 29 years.
2017 College Theme | A Community of Learners Embracing the Future

Consider the environment before choosing to print this email.