[Design and Technology] insight exam sample

Robin Panousieris panousieris at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 30 22:32:54 AEDT 2017

If you have received the sample package from Insight targeting VCE Product
Design and Technology teachers in relation to purchasing a product - their
revision exam

I am reasonably sure that VCAA would not approve of a design brief that
refers to using the internet to stalk people and issues around "child
first".  I am concerned because if anyone purchases this product there could
be a student in their class who has experienced being stalked or other
related child safety issues.  It could cause some stress to the students
involved but is also a design brief that they would never face in a VCAA
exam.

Just wondering if I am the only teacher to find this sample design brief
from Insight a problem.  It should be noted that VCAA does not encourage
teachers to use purchased SACs or Exams as it is better for teachers to
write their own using the Study Design because that is what VCAA do.

Robin Panousieris

Marymede Catholic College