[Design and Technology] sad news

Lorraine Tran tranlorraine at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:29:11 AEST 2017

Hi Peter

I join with others in sending condolences to Foster's family, friends and
colleagues. I first met Foster at Hawthorn when he was a lecturer in the
Grad Dip in Technology Education. I appreciated his wisdom about new
directions in design and technology education as it emerged as a learning
area from art, craft and 'trade-based' education in the early 90's. Later,
following the growth of the design and technology area through his work at
Trinity Grammar, I was astounded by the quality and innovation displayed in
the work of Foster's students at the college's end of year exhibition. I
have many fond memories of our discussions and greatly appreciated his
honesty and warmth.

RIP, Foster.