[Design and Technology] Digital Careers Vic Educator Advisory Group EOI

Shannon Dooley Shannon.Dooley at nicta.com.au
Wed Oct 7 14:09:17 AEDT 2015

Digital Careers Victorian Educator Advisory Group

Seeking expressions of interest

>From time to time Digital Careers require the advice of respected Primary and Secondary educators on Digital Careers ICT initiatives and activities.

New and existing ICT activities need to be vetted and reviewed as well as receiving feedback on our promotion of the ICT industry to students, teachers and parents.

We envisage this group of approximately 8 participants to converse electronically via email and/or web/teleconference on an ad hoc basis. It is not intended to be onerous, we simply require concise and constructive feedback on what interests you and your students, what you would respond to, what currently works and what doesn't.

Please email your interest (or nominate a colleague) to Shannon Dooley at Shannon.dooley at nicta.com.au<mailto:Shannon.dooley at nicta.com.au> by 16 October 2015.

We appreciate any time and subsequent advice you can spare to help engage and maintain interest in the ICT industry.

Some Background on Digital Careers:
Digital Careers contributes to increasing the number and quality of ICT graduates in Australia while building a robust and sustainable ICT capability for the future digital economy. Operating as a collaborative initiative of industry, research, primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions (universities and TAFE), and government, Digital Careers is focused on reducing the critical shortage of Australian ICT professionals by:

*         raising awareness and interest in ICT careers; and

*         growing and diversifying the pool of tertiary students preparing for a career in the ICT industry.
The program focuses on primary and secondary school students (school years 5-10), parents, teachers and school based career advisors. Funding is provided through the Australian Government as represented by the Department of Communications, National ICT Australia (NICTA), tertiary institutions, industry and state governments.

Any questions or suggestions please let me know.

Shannon Dooley
Event Coordinator VIC & TAS
Digital Careers