[Design and Technology] FW: AUSTRALIAN WOODTURNING EXHIBITION 17-19 June 2016

Davone Pope admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 4 09:08:12 AEDT 2015

From: Rachelle Leaver [mailto:rachelle.leaver56 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 2 November 2015 4:03 PM
To: Davone Pope <admin at datta.vic.edu.au>
Subject: AUSTRALIAN WOODTURNING EXHIBITION 17-19 June 2016

Good Afternoon

I wonder if you could assist me.

I am the secretary of the above exhibition.  We are a not for profit organisation run entirely by volunteers with a love of woodturning.  Our mission is to promote woodturning and ensure that this amazing skill and art form continues to flourish to the next generation.

Each year we hold an exhibition at the Whitehorse Centre in Nunawading, which is the culmination of nearly 300 wood turned entries which are judged and prizes awarded.  We open entries to students as we believe there is a wealth of talent in our young and we want to encourage them within a safe environment to experience woodturning by allowing them the opportunity to design, understand wood and ability to produce a wood turned item.  Although we have over a number of years opened this event to students we have difficulty identifying the schools that offer woodturning.   We would really welcome the opportunity of working with you to open this competition to all schools that offer wood turning and encourage our young to develop their skills whilst at the same time have the opportunity to be recognised for their talents and hopefully encourage their artistic side.

Please take the time to look at our website on www.awtex.com.au<http://www.awtex.com.au> to see what we are doing.

I would really welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Rachelle Leaver
Secretary