[Design and Technology] Woodwork

Davone Pope admin at datta.vic.edu.au
Fri Jun 19 09:13:26 AEST 2015

From: leighc [mailto:leighc at melbpc.org.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 June 2015 7:40 PM
To: Davone Pope
Subject: Woodwork

Hi
I began teaching 10 years ago and have been using the focus of different materials in the classroom.
What was ostensibly a woodwork class is now multiple materials.
When looking on other school sites I see that 'Woodwork' seems to be how they describe their programs.
This is great to a certain degree (and I might be alone here), but I think teachers that are not embracing the use of, and research of multiple materials in their classrooms, are missing out on the opportunity to make their classes more interesting and engaging.
There are some great resources here, but the Tech Ed forum doesn't seem to work.
Cheers
Leighc