[Design and Technology] EXAM REVISION

Robin Panousieris panousieris at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 14 02:09:39 EST 2014

Hi all,

Ah well nothing like a discussion.  Front and back view for garment will assist the student to score well is my understanding.  Your students should be fine with features of the back as the view is always different to the front in garments (again in my experience of wearing them). Fully rendered…didn’t say that, add some colour and don’t over annotate but ensure the annotations reflect the marking criteria is also a wise move.

The wood and metal students have always been expected to do a three dimensional view and have never had a template.  A three dimensional view can be quite difficult for many students to complete well so that is their challenge.  Details of drawers etc are also good and again add colour.

The timeline is the same for all the students and I wouldn’t stress as every year the top students are girls ie. The 45+ so the textiles students are doing well.

We all do our best to encourage the students to draw and practice the drawing in 16 – 18 minutes but on the day it can be hard for a student to get full marks as they have to think quickly and be able to draw well.  Not all can do that.

It’s a hard time of the year as the exam approaches

Good luck to all out there

Robin Panousieris

Assumption college Kilmore