[Design and Technology] PDT queries figure template to exam, production work on facebook

Jacinta O'Leary jacinta.oleary at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:21:46 EST 2014

Hi Gabriella

Since the new study in 2012 students* cannot *take templates into the exam
nor is there any provided on the exam paper (i.e. no figure template and no
isometric grids). Students can take a ruler as part of normal stationary.
So ... they need to start practicing responding to the design option
question without using a template.

As far as Facebook goes, I don't know the answer, but once they post it
online, it is in a public domain and they are virtually giving it away (its
image) ... which may or may not concern them. They may wish to consider the
timing of that. I don't know if there is any ruling on that. If however,
the student has created something new, inventive and fantastic that they
might want to 'produce commercially' in the future then they will not be
able to get IP protection for it (if it has been on FB).

Hope that's not too long for an answer [?].

Jacinta