[Design and Technology] SAC tasks for purchase

Pitt, David pi at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 25 18:11:41 EST 2014

Hi Maryann,

I taught my first year 12 unassisted by anyone with prior knowledge this year.  I’m the only person in the department, so there wasn’t really anyone to go back to who had material!

I bought the Qat’s tasks, but like Melissa did modify the tasks to suit my kids and topics, but they’re pretty reasonable.  I found they didn’t address all the content I wanted sometimes, or not how I would like to weight it, but they were still a useful framework for designing or reviewing your own tasks.  Like you’ve mentioned, they’re also good practice tasks.

I think if you teach Resistant Materials you’d be fine with them, but like Melissa, if you teach the textiles aspect of the course, they’re not as useful as they are right now.

David Pitt
Camberwell High School